Holy Child Network of Schools
We are blessed to be a member of the Holy Child community which connects us to the alumnae and families of the nine other Holy Child Schools around the country as well as sisters of the Society of the Holy Child Jesus. Holy Child alumnae living in the New York City area work and volunteer at CCC, enriching our program while sharing their sister school experiences with our community.
What is a Holy Child School?
A Holy Child education is both a clearly defined and flexible ideal. It is a tradition rooted in Christian values and expressions while being attuned to learning opportunities which enable students to respond to life with joy, zeal and compassion. Educators in Holy Child Schools encourage students to meet diversity and change with confidence in their own gifts and in God.
Schools of the Holy Child Jesus share in the mission of the Society of the Holy Child Jesus which is “to help others to believe that God lives and acts in them and in our world, and to rejoice in the divine presence.”
Cornelia Connelly, foundress of the Society of the Holy Child Jesus, “developed an educational system based on trust and reverence for the dignity of every human being.” She exhorted Holy Child educators to carry this spirit to students of diverse backgrounds as they sought to respond to “the wants of the age” in which they lived. Since 1846 these educators have helped students “to grow in faith and lead fully human lives,” have promoted academic excellence, and have educated to social responsibility.
The goals of the Holy Child Network are:
1. Holy Child Schools foster a faith commitment that engenders a joyous personal relationship with God in addressing the challenges of the world.
2. Holy Child Schools live, learn and worship as a dynamic Christian Community.
3. Holy Child Schools offer an intellectually challenging and creative program of study that developes a love of learning and academic excellence.
4. Holy Child Schools work for Christian principles of justice, peace and compassion in every facet of life.
5. Holy Child Schools create a learning climate based on trust and reverence for the dignity and uniqueness of each person.
6. Holy Child Schools promote the personal growth and development of all who participate in the life of the school.
7. Holy Child Schools ensure the continuation and growth of the Holy Child mission and philosophy in the school.
To learn more about the Holy Child Network of Schools, visit their website here.